TT vaccine is generally used but Tdap vaccine pregnancy, a combination of tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis vaccine, becomes a right option. There are some Tdap vaccine pregnancy pros and cons to know before injecting this vaccine for pregnant women. It is not belonging to the recommended vaccine to inject during pregnancy. It is helpful to prevent the attack of tetanus disease. There are some pros and cons that you should know about it.
Some Safe Vaccines to Inject during Pregnancy
Occupation or lifestyle can make you risky to the attack of a certain disease due to a particular chronic health condition like diabetes. If you belong to this category, the doctor can recommend you the extra vaccine during pregnancy. There are some types of vaccines for pregnancy.
Hepatitis B Vaccine
You will be safe on receiving Hepatitis B vaccine during pregnancy if you are a medical worker or live with the Hepatitis B patient. You should consider this vaccine. Hepatitis B is a virus infection causing the inflammation of the liver, nausea, vomit, tired, and yellow disease. In some cases, it can make a chronic liver disease, heart cancer, and death. A pregnant woman with Hepatitis B can spread the infection of the virus to the fetus and embryo during a pregnancy. Without the right treatment, a baby is high risky to get a serious liver disease when he is adult.
If you have a particular chronic condition, like diabetes or kidney disease, a doctor can recommend you to inject pneumonia vaccine. This vaccine is able to protect you from some forms of pneumonia. Though it is potentially dangerous for your fetus, it has low risks to the pregnancy.
Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis (TDAP)
This vaccine is conducted to prevent a tetanus disease, diphtheria, and pertussis in the fetus and pregnant women. The immunization is ideally conducted when the pregnant women enter the third trimester. Nevertheless, Tdap is still got for pregnant women between 27 to 36 weeks of the pregnancy. Before conducting any immunizations, it is better to discuss first with the obstructions.
Pros of TDAP Vaccine Pregnancy for Women
When you want to get the injection of Tdap vaccine pregnancy, you have to know some pros and positive benefits of getting it. What are Tdap vaccine pregnancy pros and cons?
- Tdap vaccine is suitable for people with age above 7 years old including pregnant women. It is actually supported by the Tetanus vaccine only.
- It is possibly injected into the pregnancy age between 27 to 36 weeks.
- It is safe to inject anytime even during pregnancy but you have to wait for the second trimester to give this vaccine. It becomes a common prevention action to minimize the effects of teratogenic.
- This vaccine has a role to protect your health and fetus.
- It increases your body immune system being the first line to kick the serious disease attack.
- It is very flexible in which you can inject it anytime you can.
Tdap vaccine is useful to prevent Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis disease. Tetanus is a disease of the central nervous system causing muscle pain. The bacteria is the main cause of this disease. Meanwhile, diphtheria is a respiratory infection causing respiratory problems, coma, and death. Pertussis is a very infectious bacterial disease. It makes a fatal effect on your baby. It becomes a dry cough happened to the baby.
Cons of Tdap Vaccine for Pregnancy
There are some cons of Tdap vaccine for pregnancy to know before you get the injection of Tdap vaccine. You seem to feel the side effects of the vaccine.
- Temporary nodules in the injected spot
- Redness, irritation, inflammation, and pain due to the injection of the Tdap vaccine. It becomes the general side effects.
- Anafilaksis or fatal allergy reaction becomes a rare side effect of this vaccine.
- The price of the Tdap vaccine is relatively expensive than Tetanus vaccine.
It is a caution for the women having a plan for pregnant. It is important to do Tdap vaccine process on yourself or fetus. In addition, you must give a priority in a hygienic delivery room for the sake of being exposed to the bacteria disturbing your health. Those are some Tdap vaccine pregnancy pros and cons to recognize.