At 10 weeks pregnant, the baby has gone through the most critical development part. The baby also has developed the cartilage, bones, and tiny teeth. This is why you will need another new maternity clothes.
When you are 10 weeks pregnant, you might look like a real pregnant mother. Your belly is already growing and there are several changes on your body. This could be your first time to find new pairs of maternity wear.
10 weeks pregnant symptoms
There are several 10 weeks pregnant symptoms you may experience during this age of pregnancy, such as:
- Pain and aches might happen around your ligament. It happens because your baby is growing and your abdomen stretches to accommodate the growth. If the pain and discomfort will not go after a week, you may let your OB to know.
- Your breasts will grow bigger. It is normal since your body is being prepared for breastfeeding later.
- Morning sickness will still haunt you in this week but once you hit the second trimester, the sickness will eventually go away.
- Mood swings still happen as well since the hormones still do their works.
- Fatigue will be worse because carrying a baby is already hard and sometimes your sleep would be disrupted by weird dreams over and over.
- Vaginal discharge might be increased as well. It seems a bit gross but this is how your thing inside gets rid of bacteria and this is normal. But if it causes foul odor, blood, and discomfort, you must go to the doctor.
- Your veins might be more visible.
10 weeks pregnant belly
It seems that 10 weeks pregnant belly will show how a pregnant mother looks like. It happens because the baby continues the rapid growth and your tummy will be also developing to be curvier. Even though people you meet would not immediately notice you are pregnant, you will need to wear pants with comfy waistband and loose tops.
Some doctors recommend a pregnant mother to gain 3 to 5 pounds in the first trimester according to your BMI. So there is something wrong if you have gained several pounds at this moment especially if you have twins inside your tummy like you can read on our tips to getting pregnant.
If you do the 10 weeks pregnant ultrasound, you may see a picture of your baby in a fetus-shaped with fully developed vital organs. Those organs start to function as well. You will also see that your baby is busy doing kicking and swallowing inside your belly since the bones, joints, and cartilage are developed as well.
When your pregnancy is on week 10, it is important to visit your OB. The doctor may also recommend taking a genetic testing which is optional after all. Essentially, a genetic counselor will help to decide the gen you want to or not want to have according to risk factors and family history.
A non-invasive prenatal test or NIPT is one of the tests you may want to take. The screening will take the mom’s blood and identify the possibility or signs of risk for abnormalities in the chromosome such as Patau Syndrome, Edward Syndrome, Down Syndrome, and so on. However, this is up to you. When you have a higher risk of delivering a baby with abnormalities, the doctor will suggest another invasive test that will diagnose the specific abnormality. This test will be given after you reach at least 15 weeks pregnant.
How big is the baby at 10 weeks?
The baby in your belly might be as big as a strawberry. The size is about 1.2 inches in length and 0.14 ounces in weight. The body length of the baby may also grow two times bigger than it was when you were 3 weeks pregnant.
How many months?
When you hit the age of 10 weeks pregnant, it means that you are already pregnant for two months and one week. As we have mentioned earlier, your body will continuously change. It is normal though
Pregnancy checklist at 10 weeks pregnant
This week you might need to do several things. First of all, make an appointment to get your CVS test. Later, you need to make an appointment for a screening for nuchal translucency. And then, you need to write down the DL on recommended and not recommended exercises. Since your baby is growing so fast in the tummy, there are various exercises to do once you hit 10 weeks pregnant.